There’s nothing worse than waking up after a night eating and drinking everything in sight to find your swollen face staring back at you in the mirror. I regret
nothing everything. Rather than resign yourself to a full day of puffiness, we suggest picking up that trendy jade roller you purchased and spend a few minutes giving your skin some much-needed attention.
But it’s not as simple as just swiping up and down—like any skin-care tool, there’s a proper technique you should follow for maximum effectiveness. We decided to consult celebrity facialist Cecilia Wong to help perfect our jade-rolling skills. Here are the six steps for using a jade roller to depuff your face.
1. Start at the chin, and roll horizontally out to the hairline. The pressure should be light and comfortable on the skin.
2. Move up to the nose, and roll from the corner of the nose out towards the ears.
3. Use the small end of the jade roller, and place it in the inner corner of the eye. Roll out toward the temples.
4. Place the roller on the eyebrows, and roll downwards, ending at the temples.
5. Roll from the eyebrows upwards to the hairline, moving across the forehead.
6. Finish by rolling the middle of the forehead horizontally out towards the temples.